You can make socks with leftover sock yarn, but you can also make much more than that… Introducing a collection of knitting patterns you can make from sock yarn! Some of them are socks, but most of them are not. Here you’ll find fingerless mitts, squares, a hat, a cowl, and even scarves.
What else can I knit with sock yarn?
- Strangling Vine Lace Scarf by Nicole Hindes.
- The Killington Scarf by Jennifer Kelley.
- Milky Way Scarf by Lynn Bethke.
- Commelina by Kelly Craw.
- Favorite Scarf Ever by Lise Bruce.
- Noro Bias Lace Scarf by Susan Ashcroft.
- A Simple Little Something by Amanda Jarvis.
- Kary’s Chevron Scarf by Kary Jarred.
What can I do with leftover sock yarn?
Also, if you love making socks, you probably have a lot of sock yarn leftovers to use up.
You can make a variety of knits using sock yarn including;
- Colorful shawls.
- Striped blankets.
- Crochet granny squares.
- Striped gloves.
- Scrappy socks.
Can you use sock yarn for other projects?
There are so many great, colorful sock yarns out there that it’s super tempting to use them for other projects that call for fingering-weight yarns. … You’ll definitely want to give this one a read if you’re a sock knitter or a shawl knitter or otherwise use fingering weight yarn for different projects.
What can I crochet with a single skein of sock yarn?
Great Ideas: 10 One-Skein Sock Yarn Projects… That Aren’t Socks
- Taylor by Jennifer Lysen. …
- Nurmilintu by Heidi Alander. …
- Stones on the Beach Hat by Jennifer Knight. …
- Glitz at the Ritz by Helen Stewart. …
- Traveling Vine Infinity Scarf by Mickie Hanson. …
- Sirene Shawl by Corinne Ouillon. …
- Georgette Shawl by Sarah Kay Hartmann. …
- Sockhead Slouch Hat by Kelly McClure.
Can you use sock yarn for hats?
It is perfectly usable to make nice hats, mitts, shawls, lightweight garments, baby blankets, blankets (see all the sock yarn blankets being made!) and whatever else you care to work it into.
Can you use sock yarn for sweaters?
Btw, a top made out of sock yarn will look more like a knitted shirt than a sweater. You’ll want to go with at least sport weight if you’re going for that sweater look. … I’ve considered using sock yarn so it’s more breathable than if I use acrylic.
What can I make with 2 balls of yarn?
Make These with 2 Skeins or Less!
- Crochet One Skein Throw.
- Mini Crochet Gift Bag.
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern.
- Beginner’s One Hour Cowl.
- Single Skein Market Bag.
- Arcade Stitch Baby Blanket.
- Crocheted Produce Bag.
- Scalloped Crochet Doilies.
Can I make a blanket with sock yarn?
Even if you use sock/fingering weight yarn, you can also knit with two strands of a lighter lace weight yarn for a square, but using a heavier weight yarn can cause problems. … If you start with DK weight yarn, your blanket will grow quicker and be thicker, and you can double-up sock yarn for squares.
What can you do with old yarn?
50 Cute Projects to Make from Leftover Yarn – They Make Excellent Gifts, Too!
- Make simple cable necklaces and bracelets.
- Water bottle carriers.
- Give your clock a cozy.
- Make some colorful lanterns.
- Make whimsical sculptures with yarn and glue.
- Make tassels.
- Crochet a picture frame.
- Crocheted cell phone cover.
What is finger weight yarn?
Fingering weight yarn is a smaller diameter yarn that usually has 400–450 yards per 100 grams. Alternatively called “Sock Yarn” this is the most common weight used for making socks because of its light weight creating a fine texture”
What can I make with size 6 yarn?
But here are the top ten things I recommend you try to do with super bulky or jumbo weight yarn:
- 1. ( and 2.) …
- Make Extra Cozy Blankets. …
- Don’t Forget The Pillows. …
- Floor Poufs With Thick Yarn. …
- Quick and Comfy Cowls. …
- Baskets. …
- Your New Favorite Poncho. …
- Granny Square Sweater.
How much yarn do I need for a pair of socks?
Check your yarn’s yardage to make sure you have enough. Some sock yarn (also called fingering yarn) come in 175-yard skeins, and others come in 500-yard skeins (and anywhere in between!). You’ll need 400 to 450 yards to knit the average pair of socks, so check your yardage to make sure you have enough.
What can I crochet with 1 ball of yarn?
There are LOTS of things you can crochet with just 1 skein of yarn! Scarves, cowls, shawls, bags, other accessories…
Here is exactly what I’ve included:
- Scarves & Cowls.
- Ear Warmers & Headbands.
- Home Projects.
What can I make with 3 weight yarn?
Light #3 yarn is also sometimes known as DK and light worsted. This weight of yarn is usually crocheted using the US hook sizes 7 to I-9, which correspond to metric hooks of 4.5 – 5.5 mm. Light #3 yarn is perfect for creating crocheted light clothing, lacy scarves and fall hats.