A standard bed pillow measures 20-by-26 inches; it needs 5/8 yard of 54-inch fabric. A queen-size pillow is 20 by 30 inches; it needs 1 1/8 yards. A 20-by-36-inch king pillow needs 1 1/4 yards. More fabric may be needed to match patterns or stripes, but pillows usually are so small that’s not an issue.
How many yards of fabric do I need for a 24 inch pillow?
Basic Square Pillow
|SIZE||Fabric Repeat: 0″||TRIM|
|18″||1/2 yd||2 1/4 yds|
|20″||2/3 yd||2 1/3 yds|
|22″||2/3 yd||2 1/2 yds|
|24″||2/3 yd||2 3/4 yds|
How much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
To make 2 pillowcases, you need:
- 2 yards (1.9 meters) of fabric for standard & queen size pillowcases (20″ x 30″).
- 2.5 yards (2.3 meters) of fabric for king size pillowcases (20″ x 40″).
How much fabric do I need to make an 18 inch pillow?
No-sew pillows take more yardage. One 12- to 14-inch pillow requires a 36-inch square (1 yard). An 18- to 20-inch pillow needs 1 1/4 yards of 54-inch fabric.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What is the coolest fabric for pillow cases?
The Top 5 Cooling Pillowcase Fabrics
- White Classic Cotton Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- SHEEX Breezy Cooling Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- Snuggle-Pedic Zipper Bamboo Pillow Cover. OVERVIEW. …
- WonderHome Cooling Tencel + Bamboo Rayon, Silky-Soft Satin Pillowcase. OVERVIEW. …
- Great Bay Home Extra Soft Heather Jersey Knit (T-Shirt) Pillowcases.
What is the best fabric to make pillowcases?
Here are the best pillowcase materials:
- Cotton. One of the most popular pillowcase materials is cotton. …
- Nylon. Another common pillowcase fabric, nylon is typically made to look like silk. …
- Linen. Linen is a high quality, natural flax product that is no longer produced in quantity. …
- Satin. …
What size are standard pillows?
|Dimensions (Width x Length)||20” x 26”||20” x 36”|
|Best For||– Side and stomach sleepers, since they tend to squish or bunch their pillow – Shoppers looking for a size that will fit multiple bed sizes||– Those with king or California king mattresses – Back sleepers, especially those with broader shoulders|
How wide is a yard of fabric?
More importantly, while a yard of fabric is 36 inches long, the width can vary according to the type of fabric. However, most fabrics come in widths from 33 to 44 inches. Choosing a suitable width depends on the dimensions of your project.
What size pillow goes in a 12×20 cover?
Size: 12×20 Inch pillow insert fit 12×20 inch pillow cover. Material: Covers are made by Non Woven Fabric. Non Woven Fabric is breathable. Filler is made by high quality polyester.
|Product Dimensions||20 x 12 x 2 inches|
|Customer Reviews||4.2 out of 5 stars 509 ratings 4.2 out of 5 stars|
What size pillow goes in 18×18 cover?
For example if you have an 18×18 pillow cover, you’ll want to use a 20×20 insert. This will ensure that your pillow looks plump and luxurious. If the insert is too small, the pillow cover will look saggy.
Will a king pillow fit in a queen pillowcase?
You can comfortably place a king pillow across a twin or full, and two on a king or California king-sized bed. However, you can tightly fit two of them across a queen-sized bed, leaving no space between the pillows. King size pillows work perfectly with king pillowcases, measuring 20-21 inches by 36-41 inches.