A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
How much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
To make 2 pillowcases, you need:
- 2 yards (1.9 meters) of fabric for standard & queen size pillowcases (20″ x 30″).
- 2.5 yards (2.3 meters) of fabric for king size pillowcases (20″ x 40″).
How do you make a standard pillow case?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
How much material do you need to make a queen size pillowcase?
Purchase 1 1/4 yards of 44-inch fabric for each queen-size pillowcase you want to make. Two pillowcases will require 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This pillowcase is made of one kind of fabric and is one-piece construction.
How many yards does it take to make a king size pillowcase?
How Much Fabric For a King Pillowcase. If you own a king-size bed or giving a pillowcase as a gift to someone who does, then all you will need is about 1 1/2 yards of 45-inch fabric. This amount of fabric should make a 20 by 36-inch pillowcase.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What is the coolest fabric for pillow cases?
The Top 5 Cooling Pillowcase Fabrics
- White Classic Cotton Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- SHEEX Breezy Cooling Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- Snuggle-Pedic Zipper Bamboo Pillow Cover. OVERVIEW. …
- WonderHome Cooling Tencel + Bamboo Rayon, Silky-Soft Satin Pillowcase. OVERVIEW. …
- Great Bay Home Extra Soft Heather Jersey Knit (T-Shirt) Pillowcases.
What is the first step to do before sewing a pillowcase?
Sew a pillowcase in 7 easy steps
- What you’ll need: …
- Wash, dry and iron your fabric before measuring and cutting the fabric.
- Fold the fabrics in half to easily cut the rectangles.
- Fold the cuff in half, lengthwise and iron down the fold.
- Match up the raw edges of the cuff with the right side of the pillowcase body, pin and sew with a 1/2″ allowance.
What is standard size pillow?
Standard Size Pillow Dimensions
A standard pillow measures 20 inches by 26 inches. It’s a compact size perfect for sleepers who don’t change sleeping positions through the night.
What’s the size of a queen size pillow?
|Pillow Sizes Chart|
|Standard Pillow Size||20″ x 26″|
|Standard Queen Pillow Size||20″ x 28″|
|Queen Pillow Size||20″ x 30″|
|King Pillow Size||20″ x 36″|
What is the size of a king size pillowcase?
Pillow Dimensions: 20 inches by 36 inches
King size pillowcases are designed to fit king pillows. They’re 10 inches longer than a standard size and are too big for pillows smaller than a king. Side by side, two king pillows comfortably fit across the 76-inch width of a king size mattress.
How do you make a pillowcase with flap?
Tutorial: how to make a pillowcase with an inner flap
- Sewing words explained:
- Pre-wash and dry your fabric before cutting. …
- Cut 2 rectangles. …
- Pin the front and back together on one short side. …
- Sew them together using a 3/8″ (1cm) seam allowance. …
- Finish the seam with a serger machine (pro method).