How do you make a double sided blanket?
Steps To Sew A Double-Sided Blanket
- Step 1: Cut your fabric. …
- Step 2: Round the corners (optional) …
- Step 3: Sew the two-layer together. …
- Step 4: Cut the seam allowance. …
- Step 5: Turn the right sides out. …
- Step 6: Sew over the gap. …
- Step 7: Decorate your blanket.
How do you make a double sided no sew fleece blanket?
No Sew Fleece Blanket
- Step 1: Choose the Fabric. Choose a print and a contrasting or matching solid. …
- Step 2: Line Up the Two Fabric Pieces. Line up the two fabrics, right sides OUT. …
- Step 3: Trim to the Same Size. …
- Step 4: Cut Out the Corners. …
- Step 5: Cutting the Fringe. …
- Step 6: Begin Tying Knots. …
- Step 7: Continue Around the Blanket.
How much fabric do you need for a tie blanket?
For a baby blanket you will need 1 yard of each fabric (so, 2 total yards). For a child’s blanket, 1 1/2 yards works well (a total of 3 yards). And, an adult-sized blanket will require 2 yards (4 total yards).
How do you finish a double sided fleece blanket?
- Step 1: Lay the fleece fabric out on a flat surface and with your scissors even out any poorly cut edges.
- Step 2: Fold the edge of the fleece fabric over 1/2 inch, pin in place (if needed.) …
- Step 3: When you finish one side, fold over the next side, pin in place and repeat this step on the other three sides.
How do you finish the edges on a fleece blanket?
Once you have your fleece fabric cut to the dimensions you want it to be, all you need to do is finish your blanket. You can finish a fleece blanket with a simple folded hem, by adding fringe to the edges and tying it into knots, or by weaving fringe loops around the blanket’s edges to create a braided edge.
What is a self binding blanket?
The basic idea of this blanket is that your backing and binding fabric will be a large square and your “main” fabric will be a small square the finished size of your blanket. We’re making a 35” sized blanket which is perfect as a baby blanket, with a 45” backing and binding piece.
How much fleece for a no sew blanket?
No sewing required! You will need 2 pieces of fleece, about 1 to 1 1/4 yards each, a pair of fabric scissors (or a rotary cutter – much easier!), cutting board (or some kind of cutting surface) and a ruler or straight-edge.
How big is a no sew blanket?
Step by Step instructions to make a No-Sew Fleece blanket. Fleece comes 60-inches wide, so your blanket should be around 60 x 60 (or longer). Your finished product will be about 10- inches smaller than the fabric you start with.
How big is 2 yards of fabric?
How big is one linear yard of fabric?
|2||72 Inches (6 Feet)||54 Inches (4.5 Feet)|
|3||108 Inches (9 Feet)||54 Inches (4.5 Feet)|
|4||144 Inches (12 Feet)||54 Inches (4.5 Feet)|
|5||180 Inches (15 Feet)||54 Inches (4.5 Feet)|
What type of fleece is best for no sew blankets?
Polar fleece is also good for no-sew projects (like a flower – get the free tute here) or tie blankets. Polar Fleece can be divided in to two categories, anti-pill and non anti-pill. Anti-pill tends to be a more high quality fabric, and doesn’t “ball up” or “pill” after several washes.
How many yards is a full size blanket?
|Full||5 yards||7.75 yards|
|Queen||5 yards||8.5 yards|
|King||6 yards||9 yards|