Put on your favorite jeans, ripped or usual ones, and add a tee or a top, then cover it all with a colorful or neutral chunky knit cardigan and put on shoes for a girlish feel or sneakers for a casual look. You can also wear leggings with shoes or sneakers and the same to feel even comfier.
What do you wear with a knitted cardigan?
The easiest way to wear the cardigan is over straight-leg jeans and a T-shirt – oversized styles are key to prevent your look from being twee. Or tuck it into high-waisted trousers for a slimmer silhouette. Alternatively, invest in a fine knit version and belt it over a midi skirt – a great winter workwear option.
How do you style a chunky sweater?
“Accentuate a chunky knit with a belt at the waist, a minimal bag, and cozy pants or trousers,” says Tyler. To elongate your frame amid hefty layers, the fashion influencer says, “boots or a simple pair of heels will do wonders for this look.”
How do you wear an oversized chunky knit sweater?
A chunky knit sweater can be worn with a skirt, put on a sweater and a pencil skirt to go to work and feel comfy. Or wear a long chunky knit sweater with a trendy pleated midi skirt to look super fashionable, don’t forget a proper pair of shoes or booties.
Is there a long cardigan in Style 2020?
1. 2020 Sweater Trends: Long Cardigans. Maybe it’s all the robe dressing we’ve been getting into, but a longer cardigan that could possibly double as a dress feels like a close second to the loungewear we’ve been loving as of late.
Are cardigans in Style 2020?
The cardigan styles for fall 2020 are leaning towards boxy and oversized cuts for a relaxed look. But… if you’ve been wearing the same kind of cardigan for the past few seasons, it’s time to try something new! … The program is perfect to help you realize what you need for the new season.
Are cardigans for old ladies?
Cardigans. … Although it seems like an ideal layering piece, cardigans can be unflattering for heavier women because they lack shape and structure, so lumps and bumps show. A better choice is a jacket or blazer with some construction (set-in sleeves, seaming, a collar) because it offsets middle-age spread.
What top do you wear with a cardigan?
Many of us wear cardigans to feel cozy and warm, so it’s tempting to throw a cardigan on over a turtleneck or crewneck top, but most cardigans will be a lot more flattering over an open-neck top. See how wearing an infinity scarf over this sweater adds bulk and visual weight.
How do you wear a chunky sweater over a dress?
How to Style a Sweater Over a Dress
- TUCK UNDER A BELT – if your dress already has a built in belt (like the dress above), utilize it. …
- USE A BELT OVER A SWEATER – this one is easy- put the sweater on and use a slim belt around the waist.
How can I wear a chunky sweater without getting fat?
How to wear chunky sweaters without looking fat
- STYLE TIP: Play with contrasted effects like drapes and asymmetries.
- Elongate your figure on the botton with a pencil midi skirt and heels.
- Compensate the heaviness with a mini skirt and bared legs.
What pants do you wear with a chunky sweater?
Tucked into Jeans or Leggings
For the most classic of the oversized sweater looks, tuck a turtleneck sweater or v-neck pullover into cuffed jeans, skinny jeans, or faux leather leggings. Throw on white sneakers or ankle booties as you head out the door.
How do you make an oversized sweater look good?
How to Style Oversized Sweater Outfits
- Tailored Bottoms. When it comes to wearing any boxy or oversized top, a good rule of thumb is to keep the bottom half of you looking more tailored. …
- Consider Your Height. Oversized sweaters typically fall into two categories. …
- Tuck It. …
- Frumpy vs. …
- Wear Heels.
Are oversized sweaters in Style 2020?
There is nothing like wearing a chunky cardigan on a cold winter day! In fact, this item keeps you warm, makes you feel comfortable, and above all, it allows you to create awesome outfits. A few years ago, wearing oversized clothes was a big “NO” in terms of fashion.